Served with a creme cheese butterscotch frosting, these cupcakes are a decadent treat that could be served as dessert. The chocolate leaves are simply melted chocolate painted onto a shiny, clean leaf … chill then peel the leaf off gently to leave a chocolate leaf behind.
- 120 grams of butter
- 150 grams SR flour (substitute gluten free SR flour mix)
- 150 grams sugar
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 x eggs
- 2 x teaspoons of vanilla essence
- Whisk room temperature butter so its fluffy and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla essence, then whisk until dissolved.
- Add eggs and continue to whisk until mixed.
- Sift in flour and stir through almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into cupcake papers in a muffin tin, about 1/2 to 3/4 full
- Bake for 25 minutes in a medium oven
- Butterscotch flavouring oil
- 100 grams melted, room temperature white chocolate
- 100 grams creme cheese
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Melt chocolate, cool to room temperature
- Whisk creme cheese till fluffy, add in melted chocolate
- Stir in icing sugar, vanilla essence and 1/4 teaspoon of flavouring oil
- Pipe onto cupcakes using a piping bag and star shaped nozzle