Look, we don’t mess about with names around here. This recipe has lot of butter so we call them buttery biscuits. That way you can’t be surprised when they turn out buttery! Also beware that this doesn’t make many cookies so you may want to double the recipe.
- 8 ozs butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cherries or almonds
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- add few drops vanilla essence
- sift together flour and baking powder
- add to creamed mixture and mix well
- roll into small balls and place on lightly greased tray
- place small piece of cherry or almond on top
- bake in slow oven for 20 minutes
- cool on trays
Did you know? Cookies are usually called ‘biscuits’ in Australia.