This is possibly one of the best brownie recipes ever. Srsly.
- 200g belcolade dark chocolate
- 100g (1 cup) hazelnut meal
- 1 cup gf plain flour
- 120g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup white callebaut chips
- Melt butter and dark chocolate over water bath, whisk until smooth
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes
- Whisk eggs, ready to add
- Add dry ingredients and mix, then add eggs.
- Stir through dates and white chocolate chips at the very end, or sprinkle these over the top of the mixture when its in its baking dish to form a white chocolate and date crust on top.
- Bake in flat dish or brownie tins for 45 minutes at 180 degrees celcius. Test with a skewer in the centre, you want there to be some wet sticky mess on it when you remove it but it should be cooked – ie, the egg shouldn’t be raw. If the centre is still cool, cook for another 10 minutes at a time until the centre feels warm. The outside should be starting to get a little hard and crispy.
- Cool, cut, serve!
- As a dessert. Warm and add berry coulis
- As a cake with coffee.
- With alcohol and ice cream
- With fresh fruit. Ha just kidding!