Our new Xmas tradition is to escape the crowds and hit the beach. The day before we line up for our seafood, usually some prawns, scallops, bugs, oysters, crab and whatever else takes our fancy. In 2012 we spent Xmas at Cooly and feasted on small portions of awesomeness all day long from local seafood supplier Scales Seafood. This dish was our favourite BY FAR.
- 1 x dozen scallops (on 1/2 shell)
- 2 x rashers bacon
- 4 x cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 x red onion
- 3 x garlic cloves
- 2 x tablespoons olive oil
- Lime zest & juice
- Lemon or Lime wedges to serve
- Place on a foiled tray
- Finely dice all ingredients & spoon over scallops.
- Grill for 5 – 10 minutes. WATCH CLOSELY.
- The scallop is cooked immediately when the translucent grey turns to white – do not overcook.