Double chocolate gluten free cookies are loaded with good quality dark cocoa from our local supplier, Mick’s Nuts. Raw chocolate is packed with antioxidants, so this recipe aims to be a healthy alternative to store bought cookies, despite its rich and decadent taste. This cookie is a little crumbly, and its texture is buttery but a little dry – the type of cookie that’s complimented by a cuppa.
Pictured are the cookies rolled into balls and baked in their shape, but you can press these flat using the back of a saucer or roll the dough into a log and cut it into pieces like store-bought cookie dough. This recipe is also easily substituted for other ingredients like coconut and white chocolate instead of cocoa and dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cups gf plain flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 grams butter butter (or 1/2 cup coconut oil for dairyfree )
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup dark choc chips or 1/2 block chopped
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- Whisk butter, sugars, vanilla.
- Add eggs, whisk.
- Add dry ingredients, mix to form soft dough.
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Roll into balls
- Bake at 180degrees C for 18 minutes.