Don’t throw out that left over mash potato! Turn it into fritters for dinner the next day with this easy recipe that uses a potato, sweet potato and broccoli mash to create a simple side dish that tastes delicious.
- 1.5 cups leftover mashed potato (we used potato, sweet potato and broccoli mash made with with garlic and almond milk)
- 3 eggs
- Splash of milk (use almond or rice milk for low dairy)
- 1 loosely packed cup grated cheese
- 1 cup rice flour
- Olive oil for pan
- Preheat pan with olive oil
- Whisk 3 eggs with milk and mashed potato until smooth
- Stir through cheese & flour
- Spoon mixture into hot pan
- Cook on 1 side for 3 minutes on high. Check if underside is sealed by lifting the side gently with a plastic spatula.
- Flip when underside is sealed and cook on other side for 5 minutes on medium
Cook until edges are sealed with crispy cheese …