This platter is for a party for an 8 year old with the theme of monster high. This chocolate platter uses a skull, some lips, love hearts, roller skates from one of the series or characters or a video game… or something. The colours were a combination of pinks and purples to offset black, white and chocolate brown colours.
The birthday girl is gluten free, so the bits to the left (which don’t photograph so well) are popcorn and chocolate with sugar gems and purple chocolate on top with black and white sprinkles. Yup. It’s gluten free, but don’t let that fool you that it’s healthy!
Here’s the list of what’s on the platter: bubblegum flavoured white choc skulls with purple eyes, milk choc skates with hot pink wheels, strawberry black toffee skulls, pink musk lips, blueberry hearts layered with black toffee, nutella hazelnut filled gemstones with silver shimmer and purple choc coated popcorn with sugar gemstones.
The best part of a chocolate platter is customizing it to suit the recipient. The look on her face when she saw this platter that was all for her, and watching her take ownership of it and walk around to offer it to her party guests showed that she really loved it. It’s the same ownership you’ll seen when kids love their cake and talk about how they made it, because its usually a theme they’ve selected and they take pride in it. Cake was spectacular by the way – and will be here eventually in another post just as soon as my bestie writes down the recipe.
Ordering a chocolate platter …
We offer platters for weddings and functions in the greater Brisbane area. Our platters feature a minimum of 100 pieces, usually a combination of filled moulded chocolates, truffles and flavoured bites. We have a large range of moulds to choose from and can customize a theme and colours to suit your function. We have often colour matched chocolates to bridesmaids dresses and you’ll see from this pink and purple example that the right colours can really look amazing. Consider a chocolate platter for the following occasions:
- Weddings (Large buffet platters or smaller table platters plus Bonbonniere)
- Engagement parties, christenings, birthdays and anniversary parties
- Corporate functions, meetings (a unique addition to the dessert and coffee buffet or the muffin and tea table)
- Hens parties at home (we have a range of naughty options)
- Xmas parties, end of year functions
- Dinner parties (either hosted or where you’ve been charged with dessert or treats)
- Kids parties (clowns, teddy bears, monster high skulls, skates, a huge range of lollypops)
- Ask about a theme, and if we don’t have the mould we will probably purchase one to suit!
Contact us at email@example.com