It was the 2nd birthday of my favourite mini monster, my niece, and she just LOVES Peppa Pig. For a few weeks before her b’day on our Monday babysitting day, we watched Peppa Pig Picnic Episode & planned our special birthday picnic lunch. Our special days are just 5 days apart, and our weekly day fell right in between. She had a big party on her actual birthday, but for our special birthday picnic we planned our lunch to be just like the picnic episode with bread andham and cheese and strawberry cake.
The Peppa Pig episode featuring strawberry cake…
Our Peppa Pig Picnic
Anyway, enough cartoon fun. OINK! Here’s the Peppa Pig Strawberry Cake recipe…
Ingredients – Strawberry Cake
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 1 cup strawberries, mashed
- 2 cups SR flour (I used gluten free SR flour mix)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut or 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Method – Cake
- Recommended: Bring all ingredients to room temperature by taking them out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until blended & frothy, add sugar and blend some more (hand whisk or electric beaters)
- Stir through mashed strawberries & vanilla
- Melt white chocolate, add to wet mix along with milk and blend some more
- Gradually add flour, coconut and stir through
- Blend thoroughly before placing in a greased and/or lined round tin around 15 – 20cm diametre
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, bake for 40 minutes.
- Check with a skewer in the centre, it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, about 1 hour
- Using a serrated knife, place your hand flat across the top and slice the cake in half carefully and evenly (it is easier than it sounds, it just takes practice, good luck!)
Ingredients – Icing
- 75 grams white chocolate, melted
- 2 strawberries, blended to liquid
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1/3 cup of milk