My freezer is full of cold fruity treats through summer because it is a great way to use up fruit before it spoils and means I’ll always have something healthy on hand to whip into a smoothie or slushie. These cocktail cubes are just one of the many variations that worked incredibly well as an icecube or as a base for a frozen cocktail. The ice cube can be added to a glass of soda water, apple juice, lemonade, vodka or as a twist of flavour to a plain old glass of water. The seeds of the pomegranate can be a real pain if you don’t blend them as they are just the right size to get stuck in your straw. Fortunately the solid fruit sinks to the bottom of your drink and you can scoop it out to eat later. If your drink is alcoholic, that’s where the extra surprise hides at the end
- 1 cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Seeds of 1 whole Pomegranate
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- Mix, Freeze, Add Vodka. Blending Optional.
- Serve in a glass and pour vodka, gin, bacardi or any white alcohol over the icecubes
- Add an ice cube to a glass of white wine or bubbles
- Use ice cubes in your daily drinks like water, soda, lemonade or iced tea.
- Blend 6 ice cubes with 2 nips of vodka (60ml) and a cup of apple juice. Blend for 2-4 minutes in a powerful blender capable of blitzing ice until it is a frozen, smooth consistency.
- Serve frozen cocktail in a tall glass with an umbrella and straw.
- Strain if you don’t like the consistency of berry seeds in drinks.