This is an easy dish ONLY if you have some left over pulled pork in your fridge. I cook up a large batch and freeze it so we get sick of it after a few days so it gets frozen and we can then pull a container from the freezer on a slack night. That’s not why it’s called pulled pork though. The pork is pulled apart with 2 forks after being slow cooked in mexican spices. You can also substitute any mince dish or meaty stew to use up those leftovers or to give a twist to frozen meals.
- 6 eggs
- Splash of milk (I use almond or rice milk)
- 1/3 cup grated cheese
- Chopped broccoli
- Pulled pork or pre-cooked meat left overs
- Whisk eggs with milk in a large bowl until combined
- Pour mixture into preheated sandwich press
- Allow to cook for a few minutes or until bubbles appear, just like with pancakes
- Add ingredients evenly to 1 side of the omelette, preheating the meat if there’s a lot
- Using a flat spatula, fold the empty side over the ingredients so the omelette covers the ingredients and meets the edges of the other half
- Lower the press and cook for about 5 more minutes or until ingredients inside are warm.
Cut in half to serve 2 for breakfast …