A rich and creamy winter dish featuring delicious smoked salmon and your favourite blue cheese. We’ve deliberately not specified a brand because there’s too many to choose from. Shop local, look for cheeses made from ingredients sourced from your local area or made by local farmers. You’ll be amazed at the standard that’s hiding right there in your back yard.
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 1 x large onion
- 1 x clove garlic
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 100 grams of blue cheese
- Cracked Pepper & Salt
- 100 grams sliced smoked salmon
- Green peas, shelled (or frozen if you have to)
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Olive Oil
- Heat chicken stock in a saucepan by bringing to the boil then turning off.
- Add olive oil to pan heat. Stir fry onion and garlic until golden, then add rice to the pan tossing until all rice is covered in oil.
- Next add 1 cup of the hot stock. When it is all absorbed into the rice add another cup. Repeat this until all of the stock has absorbed into the rice. It should be soft by this stage, but if not add another cup of water.
- Add the blue cheese and peas to the rice and stir.
- Put aside 2 slices of smoked salmon to serve on top, and tear the rest apart into uneven pieces, stirring through the rice.
- Serve into a bowl and top with a small wedge of blue cheese, a twisted slice of smoked salmon and a sprig of basil.
- Crack some pepper over the top and pour yourself a glass of white wine!