This is a really basic recipe – its less a recipe and more a few tips for piling some stuff up on a platter or plate, but it sure is effective at parties! The purpose of this recipe is to showcase the delicious smoked salmon or other seafoods and compliment it with just a few fresh flavours. You could add prawns or muscles too.
- Smoked salmon (sliced)
- Purple onion
- Lemon wedges
- Wash lettuce and select nice looking leaves, spread these down on a tray
- Layer slices over lettuce leaving some gaps between the slices to add sprouts, spring onion, capers and if more lettuce if you want to stretch it further to feed more guests
- As you add each layer, build it towards the centre so its slightly higher in the middle
- You could serve with a dressing such as a soy mayo with lemon juice
- Garnish with lemon wedges
A delicious platter for an Aussie Xmas day lunch!
- 50ml olive oil
- 30ml white vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice & zest to taste