This one doesn’t look the best in the photos, but it tasted amazing with really simple flavours that compliment each other perfectly.
- 1 whole squid tube (serves 2 – 4)
- 1 x ripe tomato
- 1 x capsicum
- Large handful of fresh basil or Coriander
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Snow Peas
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Rice (glass) noodles
- Onion or shallots
- Dice tomato, capsicum and finely chop garlic.
- Prepare rice noodles as per instructions on pack (usually soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
- Cut squid tubes into rings, strips or cubes. Try to keep all pieces roughly the same size.
- Toss in a hot pan the capsicum, onion, garlic and tomato. Move salsa to the side and wait for pan surface to reheat.
- Place squid in the empty space in the pan and cook for about 10 – 15 seconds on 1 side before flipping and doing the same on the other side.
- Then stir around the squid with the tomato mixture so they are coated in flavour, for no more than 10- to 20 seconds depending on the size of your squid pieces.
- Toss in the snow peas and spinach (or leave these raw for added nutrients and serve on top of hot noodles). Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Place a bed of rice noodles on the plate, then the greens (if separated), then the tomato mixture, finally placing the squid pieces neatly on top of the pile, spooning some salsa on top.