Sweet Potato & Hummus Salad
We dropped in to visit some friends who have recently planted a vegetable garden to accompany their 5 chooks, turning a typical suburban backyard into a mini-farm. We picked some basil, cos lettuce and endive, all so crisp and green with life, eating it as we went and saving a bit for dinner. For dinner, they whipped up a ceasar salad using the cos lettuce, fresh eggs and left over Xmas ham while we used some Xmas leftovers of our own to prepare this sweet potato, mango and hummus salad.
- Cos & Endive lettuce, fresh from my friends garden (substitute any lettuce if you don’t have this option)
- 1 x large mango
- Double brie cheese (a wedge left over from xmas day)
- Red onion
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Sweet potato
- Red onion
- 1 part olive oil
- 2 parts vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of hummus
- Mix it all together (especially just before you serve it)
- Dice and boil the sweet potato until just cooked
- Dice the mango, slice the red onion, slice the brie, slice the cucumber
- Build salad over lettuce
- Serve as either a side salad or a meal on its own by adding seafood, chicken, sliced roast beef, beans or a lamb chop like we did!
- Cover with dressing!