I visited one of my favourite suppliers in West End, Mega Continental, for some supplies and what should I find but freshly made turkish delight! The container was big enough to eat half of it and still be able to make something with the rest. Here’s the rocky road recipe I made with this delicious treat …
- 150 grams couverture dark chocolate
- 150 grams turkish delight (this was mint flavour)
- 1 moderately packed cup toasted coconut marshmallow ‘offcuts’
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup toasted desicated coconut
- Melt chocolate with half of marshmallows and half of turkish delight until all ingredients are dissolved and smooth.
- Add walnuts & coconut.
- Allow to cool a little before adding other ingredients.
- Add remaining marshmallows and turkish delight.
- Pour into a lamington tin lined with baking paper, tap on bench to settle.
- Immediately put in fridge. Set, preferably overnight, but for at least a few hours.
- Slice into pieces using a sharp knife and a smooth motion.
- Use cupcake cases instead of a lined lamington tray, measuring portions with an icecream scoop.
- Serve with coffee or a ‘nightcap’.
- Delicious with a port or tia maria after dinner.
- Look for flavoured or coloured turkish delight to match your serving dishes and table decorations.
- Use beautiful dishes.